Trade has a long tradition at Coutinho Caro + Co. Our company was founded in 1895 by Felix Coutinho, originally as a steel trading business.
We began trading in nonferrous metals in the 1950s and, since then, have continuously adapted to the changes in the world markets. We have been a member of the MPC Group, which is owned by the Hamburg merchant family Schroeder, since 1992.
In 2013 we were transferred to the Ferrostaal GmbH, which has itself been part of Hamburg-based MPC Industries GmbH since 2012. This means that we are now part of a company of more than 3,600 employees and so have access to a global network of foreign subsidiaries.